The Full Plunge

The most intense level of care is therapy or counseling. This is regulated by the state (meaning you must have a state license to practice it legally) and requires a certain level of care and treatment that includes legal and ethical guidelines such as informed consent and confidentiality. This is also the type of care that insurance companies will typically financially support when there is a mental health diagnosis. This type of care is where I can do EMDR and the variety of interventions that work on mental health issues. Sometimes insurance will pay for couples work if it is within the scope of working on mental health issues. Otherwise insurance companies will not typically cover marriage or couples therapy. I am not an in-network provider for any insurance company so payment is expected at the time of service by debit/credit card, flexible spending/benefit card (no diagnosis required to use this), or with prior approval from clergy/bishop payment. If you would like to pursue reimbursement from your insurance company for this type of care, please let me know and I can create an invoice that you can submit on your own for direct reimbursement.